A flagged entry/exit gate and an upright post or cone set at 20-25m from the gate.
Objective: To turn around the cone or post at the chosen gait while driver holds the whip in one hand and the reins in the other.
- Width of the entry gate 3 meters minimum.
- Distance between the entry gate and the post between 20 and 25 meters
- The direction for turning around the post may be indicated by the color of it’s top: red-right / white-left.
- Taking back 2 reins
- Knocking over the post
- Break in forward motion, change of gait
- Running out
- Stepping back
- Circling before the obstacle
Choice of Gait:
Maximum possible scores* Canter 10 / Trot 7 / Walk 5
In the event of a change in gait the score is given based on the slowest gait. Returning to the originally chosen gait does not impact the score.
*International Scoring / Levels not yet defined for Driven TREC.
- Taking back 2 reins – 10
- Knocking over the post – 10
- No whip in the hand – 10
- Brutality -10
- Dangerous driving – 10
- Driver or groom stepping down from the carriage -30
- Tipped carriage – 50
- Uncorrected course error – Elimination