Coming Soon – Order your TREC Gear here!
- TREC Orienteering Starter Kit: Compass, MapCase, First Aid Kit.
- TREC Orienteering Equipment: Vests, Trail Packs, Safety Gear.
- TREC Swag: Customized Patches, Decals, and Apparel.
- TREC Obstacles: Cones, Risers, Flags, Numbers, and More!
TREC EQUIPMENT / TRAIL PACKS
In the orienteering phase of a TREC Competition, there is an equipment check to ensure that riders and drivers carry with them the required safety equipment. In addition drivers are required to carry basic repair items for their carriage and harness (see below).
- Rider and Horse Identification
- Halter and Lead Rope
- High Visibility Reflective Gear / Safety Lights
- Hoof Boot / Farrier Tools
- Basic First Aid Kit for Horse & Rider to include the following:
- 6 sterile swabs
- 1 pair of round-ended scissors
- 1 elasticated bandage, around 10cm wide
- 1 disinfectant or antiseptic solution
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
- Cloth Soaked in Insect Repellent in Plastic Bag.
- Food and Water
- Duct Tape
- Personal (Epi-pen / Sunscreen)
- Compressed Sponge
DRIVEN TREC (Additional Items)
Leather Repair Kit:
- 2 Needles
- Hole Cutter
- 1 Replacement Rein
Carriage Repair Kit
- Puncture repair kit (for carriages with pneumatic tires)
- Phillips and Flat screwdrivers
- 2 Clips
- Brake Fluid (if equipped with hydraulic brakes)