Description: Circle Marked on Ground with entry / exit gate.
Objective: Turning around (180°) while keeping one of the wheels inside the circle, and leaving the obstacle on the same track as when entering.
- Width of the entry gate 3 meters minimum.
- Circle diameter 1.50 meters
- Distance between the entry gate and the circle 20 to 25 meters
- The circle is divided into two halves separating the entrance and exit
- The exit side is divided into three equal portions
- Scoring is based on where the carriage leaves the circle.
- Central portion = 10 points
- Portions on each side = 5 points
- Second half = 0 point.
- The turn must be made without touching the outer edge of the entrance half of the circle.
- Touching the entrance half of the circle -10
- No whip in the hand – 10
- Brutality -10
- Dangerous driving – 10
- Driver or groom stepping down from the carriage -30
- Tipped carriage – 50
- Uncorrected course error – Elimination