Description: A bell hung next to a marked corridor.
Objective: To ring the bell using the whip while maintaining chosen gait.
- The bell is placed on the right hand side of the obstacle route
- Bell height 1.80 meters
- Distance between the bell and the route 1.50 meters
- Width of the obstacle route: 2 meters
- Break in forward motion, change of gait
- Running out
- Stepping back
- Circling before the obstacle
Choice of Gait:
Maximum possible scores* Canter 10 / Trot 7 / Walk 5
In the event of a change in gait the score is given based on the slowest gait. Returning to the originally chosen gait does not impact the score.
*International Scoring / Levels not yet defined for Driven TREC.
- Not ringing the bell – 10
- No whip in the hand – 10
- Brutality -10
- Dangerous driving – 10
- Driver or groom stepping down from the carriage -30
- Tipped carriage – 50
- Uncorrected course error – Elimination