A natural body of water with gently sloping edges with entrance and exit marked by flags.
To pass through the obstacle in a calm and willing manner.
In TREC water crossings must be executed at a WALK.
- The depth of the crossing must be suitable for the size of horse
- Gently sloping edges
- Width: 2 meters minimum.
- Break in forward motion, change of gait
- Running out
- Stepping back
- Circling before the obstacle
Choice of Gait:
Walk is compulsory
Any change in gait (not corrected) is considered as dangerous driving.
- No whip in the hand – 10
- Brutality -10
- Dangerous driving – 10
- Driver or groom stepping down from the carriage -30
- Tipped carriage – 50
- Uncorrected course error – Elimination