A halting zone marked on the ground and flagged.
- To halt for 10 seconds within marked obstacle.
- The driver takes his foot off the brake and leaves a long rein.
- Width: 2.5 meters
- Length of the area marked for halt: 1 meter
Scoring: 1 point per second that carriage remains stationary.
- The team stops in the marked zone
- At halt, the driver takes his foot off the brake and leaves a long rein
- The judge will then count ten seconds
- The pony/horse waits for the driver’s order to move forward
- Use of the voice is authorized.
- The timer stops when the axle crosses the obstacle route
- The front or rear lines must not be crossed
- Any involvement of the groom stops the timer
- Break in forward motion, change of gait
- Running out
- Stepping back
- Circling before the obstacle
- Carriage not stopped or moving back -10
- No whip in the hand – 10
- Brutality -10
- Dangerous driving – 10
- Driver or groom stepping down from the carriage -30
- Tipped carriage – 50
- Uncorrected course error – Elimination