A flagged natural or man-made ditch, with or without water, for the horse to jump or step across. Take off and landing should be level with the ground surface.
– Front width: 3 – 4 m
– Minimum depth 12” (L4 .5-1m / 20-40”)
– Max. width across based on Rider Level.
Highlighting the willingness of the horse as well as the correct approach of the rider and his correct posture while maintaining proper control of the horse.
- L1: Max W 2’-0″ (.62m) Max D 1′-3″ (.40m)
- L2: Max W 3-0” (.92m) Max D 2′-0″ (.62m)
- L3: Max W 4’-3” (1.3m) Max D. 2′-9″ (.85m)
- L4: Max W 4’-11” (1.5m) Max D. 3′-3″ (1m)
Scoring This Obstacle
See also: Ridden Obstacles / Scoring
Effectiveness Faults (E Score) -3 per incident
BEFORE the obstacle:
– Running Out
– Error of Course Corrected
– Stepping Back
IN the obstacle:
– Foot in ditch (Horse)
* Change of gait / jumping from a standstill permitted.
Style Faults (S Score) -1 per incident.
– Irregular Forward Motion
– Incorrect Rider Position, Not Over the Stirrups and Light
– Loss of Balance of the Horse or the Rider
– Incorrect Rider Aids
– Horse Moving Sideways
– Rider Not Looking Forward
– Rider Interfering With Horse’s Balance
Penalties (P Score)
– Brutality (-5)
– Dangerous Riding (-5)
– Fall of Horse or Rider (Rider Excused)
– Leaving The Obstacle (-10)
Get The Score!
Rate these performances to test your knowledge of TREC Rules and Scoring.
– Scroll to the bottom of the page for Judge’s Scorecard –
A. E Score: 7 / S Score: 2 Eyes Down / Total: 9
B. E Score: 0 Foot in Ditch x 4 / S Score: 0 Eyes Down / Total: 0
C. E Score: 7 / S Score: 2 Eyes Down / Total: 9
D. E Score: 7 / S Score 3 / Total: 10*
*Anything after landing to be judged by next obstacle judge (if in view)