A DOWN-UP Landform (with or without water) with entrance/exit flags and corridor marked on the ground.
– Length: 5 to 6 m for each of the slopes
– Front width: 2 to 4 m
– Slope: 30° to 40°
This obstacle is the same for all levels.
To cross the obstacle, showing the horse’s correct balance and the correct posture of the rider. Horse to maintain the gait initially chosen by the rider.
Scoring This Obstacle
See also: Ridden Obstacles / Scoring
Effectiveness Faults (E Score) -3 per incident
BEFORE the obstacle:
– Running Out
– Error of Course Corrected
– Stepping Back
IN the obstacle:
– Break of Gait
Style Faults (S Score) -1 per incident.
– Irregular Forward Motion
– Incorrect Rider Position, Not Over the Stirrups and Light
– Loss of Balance of the Horse or the Rider
– Incorrect Rider Aids
– Horse Moving Sideways / maintaining the line of the slope
– Rider Not Looking Forward
– Rider Interfering With Horse’s Balance
Penalties (P Score)
– Brutality (-5)
– Dangerous Riding (-5)
– Fall of Horse or Rider (Rider Excused)
– Leaving The Obstacle (-10)
Get The Score!
Rate these performances to test your knowledge of TREC Rules and Scoring.
– Scroll to the bottom of the page for Judge’s Scorecard –
A. E Score: 7 / S Score: 3 / Total: 10
B. E Score: 7 / S Score: 2 / Total: 9
C. E Score: 7 / S Score: 1 / Total: 8
D. E Score: 7 / S Score: 3 / Total: 10*
*Horse to maintain consistent gait throughout. Choice of Gait does not affect the score.