A stepped change in ground level, such as a wall or embankment on stable ground, with a distinct fixed edge and a ground pole at the base.
– Front width: 2 – 3 m
– Maximum heights based on Rider Level.
To step or jump up, highlighting the forwardness of the horse as well as the correct approach and attitude of the rider.
L1: 2’ (.61m)
L2: 2’- 6” (.76m)
L3: 3’ (.91m)
L4: 3’- 6” (1.1m)
Scoring This Obstacle
See also: Ridden Obstacles / Scoring
Effectiveness Faults (E Score) -3 per incident
BEFORE the obstacle:
– Running Out
– Error of Course Corrected
– Stepping Back
IN the obstacle:
– Change of gait / jumping from a standstill permitted.
– Irregular forward motion
– Incorrect position of the rider, not over the stirrups and light
– Loss of balance of the horse or the rider – Incorrect rider aids
– Horse going sideways
– Rider not looking forward
– Rider interfering with horse’s balance
Penalties (P Score)
– Brutality (-5)
– Dangerous Riding (-5)
– Fall of Horse or Rider (Rider Excused)
– Leaving The Obstacle (-10)
Get The Score!
Rate these performances to test your knowledge of TREC Rules and Scoring.
– Scroll to the bottom of the page for Judge’s Scorecard –
A. E Score: 7 / S Score: 2 / Total: 9
B. E Score: 7 / S Score: 3 / Total: 10
C. E Score: 7 / S Score: -1 Rider position / Total: 6
D. E Score: 7 / S Score: 2 / Total: 10