An 8m x 0.8 m corridor composed of fixed bars on level ground, with a flagged 4 meter backing zone. Dimensions are the same for all Levels.
– Length: 8 m
– Width: 0.8 m
– Flags placed outside of the poles to indicate the backing zone.
* Line on the ground extending out from bars to mark backing zone (new).
To back the horse for 4 m within the 8m corridor without touching the bars or stepping outside of the corridor, and showing the obedience of the horse backing in hand & the appropriateness of the rider’s aids.
– No penalty for touching the bars before and after the backing zone.
– The gait that the horse enters and leaves the obstacle: rider’s choice.
– The rider may rein back without stirrups.
– Vocal Commands are permitted.
Effectiveness Faults (E Score) -3 per incident
BEFORE the obstacle:
– Running Out
– Error of Course Corrected
– Stepping Back
IN the obstacle:
– Break of Gait / stopping during the back
– Touching the bars.
Style Faults (S Score) -1 per incident.
– Irregular Forward Motion
– Incorrect Rider Position, Not Over the Stirrups and Light
– Loss of Balance of the Horse or the Rider
– Incorrect Rider Aids
– Horse Moving Sideways
– Rider Not Looking Forward
– Rider Interfering With Horse’s Balance
Penalties (P Score)
– Brutality (-5)
– Dangerous Riding (-5)
– Fall of Horse or Rider (Rider Excused)
– Leaving The Obstacle (-10)
Get The Score!
Rate these performances to test your knowledge of TREC Rules and Scoring.
– Scroll to the bottom of the page for Judge’s Scorecard –
A. E Score: 7 / S Score: 3 / Total: 10
B. E Score: X / S Score: 0 / Total: 0
C. E Score: 4 / S Score: 2 Total: 6
D. E Score: 1 / S Score: 1 / Total: 2