A smooth sloped incline, flagged at the entrance / exit, with corridor between flags marked on the ground.
– Slope: 30° to 45°
– Length: minimum 10 m
– Width: 2 to 4 m
To lead the horse up the incline at a walk without leaving the corridor, showing the willingness of the horse and the correct actions of the rider. Horse to follow on a loose rein and keep a respectful distance from the rider. Dimensions are the same for all Levels.
Scoring This Obstacle
See also: Ridden Obstacles / Scoring
Effectiveness Faults (E Score) -3 per incident
BEFORE the obstacle:
– Running Out
– Error of Course Corrected
– Stepping Back
IN the obstacle:
– Break of Gait
Foot Outside Corridor (see penalties / leaving the obstacle).
Style Faults (S Score) -1 per incident.
– Irregular Forward Motion
– Progression on Tense Reins
– Loss of Balance of the Horse or the Rider
– Incorrect Rider Aids
– Horse Moving Sideways
– Horse’s Nose Passing Rider’s Shoulder
(Flapping Stirrups – see Penalties).
Penalties (P Score)
– Brutality (-5)
– Dangerous Handling (-5)
– Fall of Horse or Rider (Rider Excused)
– Leaving The Obstacle (-10)
– Flapping Stirrups / USA (-1)
– Other Obstacle Specific Penalties
Get The Score!
Rate these performances to test your knowledge of TREC Rules and Scoring.
– Scroll to the bottom of the page for Judge’s Scorecard –
Judge’s Scorecard: To Come
A. E Score: / G Score: / Total:
B. E Score: / G Score: / Total:
C. E Score: / G Score: / Total:
D. E Score: / G Score / Total: