A flagged footbridge positioned on the ground, across a stream, or between two banks with on or 2 handrails approx. 1 meter high. Dimensions are the same for all Levels.
– Length: 5 m
– Width: around 1 m
– Height above the ground: 0.50 to 1.20 m
To ride across the bridge showing willingness of the horse and the correct actions of the rider.
Walk is Mandatory.
Scoring This Obstacle
See also: Ridden Obstacles / Scoring
Effectiveness Faults (E Score) -3 per incident
BEFORE the obstacle:
– Running Out
– Error of Course Corrected
– Stepping Back
IN the obstacle:
– Break of Gait (See Penalties)
Style Faults (S Score) -1 per incident.
– Irregular Forward Motion
– Incorrect Rider Position, Not Over the Stirrups and Light
– Loss of Balance of the Horse or the Rider
– Incorrect Rider Aids
– Horse Moving Sideways
– Rider Not Looking Forward
– Rider Interfering With Horse’s Balance
Penalties (P Score)
– Brutality (-5)
– Dangerous Riding (-5)
– Fall of Horse or Rider (Rider Excused)
– Leaving The Obstacle (-10)
– Any gait other than walk: X (No Score)
Get The Score!
Rate these performances to test your knowledge of TREC Rules and Scoring.
– Scroll to the bottom of the page for Judge’s Scorecard –
A. E Score: 7 / S Score: 3 / Total: 10
B. E Score: 7 / S Score: 3 / Total: 10
C. E Score: 7 / S Score: 3 / Total: 10
D. E Score: 7 / S Score 3 / Total: 10