A series of 3 gates set in a curved path marked by cones with balls on top.
To follow curved path maintaining gait and not disturbing obstacle.
- A gate comprises two cones separated by 2 meters
- The gates are 10 meters from each other
- The first and last gates are 12 meters from the entry and exit
- The inner edge of the first one is aligned with the outer edge of the next one etc.
- Break in forward motion, change of gait
- Running out
- Stepping back
- Circling before the obstacle
Choice of Gait:
Maximum possible scores* Canter 10 / Trot 7 / Walk 5
In the event of a change in gait the score is given based on the slowest gait. Returning to the originally chosen gait does not impact the score.
*International Scoring / Levels not yet defined for Driven TREC.
- Disturbing the obstacle (making the balls fall) – 10
- No whip in the hand – 10
- Brutality -10
- Dangerous driving – 10
- Driver or groom stepping down from the carriage -30
- Tipped carriage – 50
- Uncorrected course error – Elimination