Description: Incline with marked corridor and marked stopping zone.
Objective: To halt within marked zone for 5 seconds then move off frankly into walk.
While halted, the driver may apply the brake and the reins.
- Slope: 30° to 40 °
- Width: 3.50 meters minimum.
- Length: 5 meters maximum.
- Length of the area marked for halt: 1.50 meters
- Break in forward motion, change of gait
- Running out
- Stepping back
- Circling before the obstacle
- Frank start at walk +3
- Hesitant start or jerky start 0
- Brutal start -3
- Carriage not stopping or moving forward while stopped – 10
- No whip in the hand – 10
- Brutality -10
- Dangerous driving – 10
- Driver or groom stepping down from the carriage -30
- Tipped carriage – 50
- Uncorrected course error – Elimination