A smooth sloped incline with entrance / exit flags, and corridor between the flags marked on the ground.
– Slope: 30° to 45°
– Length: minimum 10 m
– Width: 2 to 4 m
To ride the horse down the incline, without leaving the corridor, and maintaining the gait initially chosen by the rider. To show the willingness and calmness of the horse and the correct position of the rider. Dimensions are the same for all Levels.
Effectiveness Faults (E Score) -3 per incident
BEFORE the obstacle:
– Running Out
– Error of Course Corrected
– Stepping Back
IN the obstacle:
– Break of Gait
– Foot Outside Corridor
The gait chosen by the rider does not impact the overall score.
Style Faults (S Score) -1 per incident.
– Irregular Forward Motion
– Incorrect Rider Position, Not Over the Stirrups and Light
– Loss of Balance of the Horse or the Rider
– Incorrect Rider Aids
– Horse Moving Sideways
– Rider Not Looking Forward
– Rider Interfering With Horse’s Balance
Penalties (P Score)
– Brutality (-5)
– Dangerous Riding (-5)
– Fall of Horse or Rider (Rider Excused)
– Leaving The Obstacle / Foot Outside Corridor (-10)
Get The Score!
Rate these performances to test your knowledge of TREC Rules and Scoring.
– Scroll to the bottom of the page for Judge’s Scorecard –
A. E Score: 7 / S Score: 2 Rider Balance / Total: 9
B. E Score: X / S Score: X / Total: 0*
C. E Score: 7 / S Score: 3 / Total: 10
D. E Score: 7 / S Score: 0 Irregular forward motion / Total: 7*
*Horse Outside Corridor.